-- TV Cabinets Feature Powerful Built-In Soundbar and Powered Subwoofer, With Immersive
Surround Sound from Boston Acoustics, iPod Hookup and More --
Peabody, MA and Bassett, VA, May 16, 2011 Boston Acoustics®, a world-renowned manufacturer of innovative home entertainment solutions and high performance loudspeakers, today announced it has teamed up with Bassett Furniture (NASDAQ: BSET), a leading manufacturer of high-quality, midpriced home furnishings, to introduce the NVELOP™ line of credenzas. The introduction – marking the first time Boston Acoustics has ever teamed up directly with a furniture company, as well as the first time Bassett has partnered with an audio company -- provides consumers with an elegant solution for enjoying all their TV entertainment. The exceptionally crafted wood NVELOP™ cabinets feature a powerful built-in Boston Acoustics soundbar system with Boston’s Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround that literally envelops viewers in rich, room-filling audio. There are four new credenzas in the NVELOP™ lineup, including two Louis Philippe models, the large (75”Wx22”Dx38”H) MSRP $1999 and small (57”Wx22”Dx38”H) MSRP $1799, and two Redin Park models, large (69”Wx22”Dx39”H) MSRP $1999, and small (50”Wx20”Dx32”H) MSRP $1499. NVELOP™ credenzas are now available at Bassett Home Furnishings stores, Bassett retailers and online at bassettfurniture.com
Unprecedented Combination of Home Entertainment Form and Function
The new NVELOP credenzas bring together the fine craftsmanship and cabinetry of Bassett Furniture with the legendary sound of Boston Acoustics loudspeakers, and the result is an extraordinary combination of home entertainment form and function. In addition to the sheer elegance of the finely crafted Bassett Furniture pieces, NVELOP credenzas offer users a variety of design and performance attributes such as:
- Built-in 150-watt Boston Acoustics soundbar and powered subwoofer system with Boston’s exclusive Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround processing for pinpoint theaterlike, surround effects;
- Powerful 6” subwoofer (hidden inside the cabinet itself) delivers the deep bass response required for true home cinema and a more powerful music or gaming experience;
- Built-in mini-stereo jack in a convenient drawer for iPods, MP3 players, and computer audio connection;
- Specially vented shelves for placement of additional audio and video components;
- Built-in 4-outlet power strip for simple wire management and no clutter;
- True acoustically transparent cloth grille for added sound quality;
- Specially designed rubber acoustical gaskets on the back furniture panels.
“For the first time at retail under $2,000, American families will be able to bring big sound to their family rooms while avoiding all the clutter of speakers and wires, or the expense of installing a wall mounted home theater system,” said Jason Camp, senior vice president of retail at Bassett Furniture. “The team at Boston Acoustics has been a superb partner and we expect our combined expertise to carve out a new territory in home entertainment.”
Eli Harary, Senior Vice President for Boston Acoustics, noted: “NVELOP™ credenzas, the result of an exciting new partnership, offer consumers a simple, elegant solution for great surround sound. Furniture and flat-panel TV literally merge to create a total home entertainment system that not only adds style and panache to any interior décor, but also brings power, quality, and dynamic audio punch to TV, movies, gaming and music listening.”
Boston Acoustics Play Smart® Product Features Now Inside NVELOP!
Like all Boston Acoustics products, the new NVELOP credenzas feature a host of Boston’s “Play Smart®” product features, designed to give people easy access to all their entertainment content. The built-in audio system includes:
- Easy “one-wire” hookup makes it a snap to install, just plug in the power and connect a single audio wire to your TV and you are all set!
- Soundbar learns your existing remote control, eliminating the need for additional remotes.*
- Better movies, sports, and games, with Boston’s exclusive Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround processing for superior surround sound and clear dialogue.
- Better music with dedicated stereo mode, provides listeners with a rich and luxurious music listening experience, delivering the full range of frequency response necessary for truly great sound. Consumers can easily switch between “virtual surround,” which is ideal for TV, movies and gaming, to “stereo mode” for high-quality music listening.
* Designed to interface with virtually all current remote controls.
About Bassett Furniture
Bassett Furniture Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:BSET), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of high quality, mid-priced home furnishings. With 88 licensee- and company- owned stores, Bassett has leveraged its strong brand name in furniture into a network of corporate and licensed stores that focus on providing consumers with a friendly environment for buying furniture and accessories. Bassett’s retail strategy includes affordable custom-built furniture that is ready for delivery in the home within 30 days. The stores also feature the latest on-trend furniture styles, more than 750 upholstery fabrics, free in-home design visits, and coordinated decorating accessories. For more information, visit the Company’s website at bassettfurniture.com. (BSET-G)
About Boston Acoustics
Founded over 30 years ago, Boston Acoustics is a world-renowned leader in high-performance loudspeakers, tabletop products, and advanced car audio systems. The company’s commitment to creating the best possible home entertainment experience is reflected in its advanced product design and engineering, which allows customers to enjoy high-performance audio while expressing their personal style and tastes. For more information on the company’s full range of advanced products, please visit BostonAcoustics.com.
About D&M Holdings Inc.
D&M Holdings Inc. is a global operating company providing worldwide management and distribution platforms for premium consumer, automotive, commercial and professional audio and video businesses including Denon®, Marantz®, McIntosh® Laboratory, Boston Acoustics®, Snell Acoustics, Escient®, Calrec Audio, Denon DJ, Allen & Heath, D&M Professional and D&M Premium Sound Solutions. Our technologies improve the quality of any audio and visual experience. All product and brand names with a trademark symbol other than “NVELOP” are trademarks or registered trademarks of D&M Holdings, Inc. or its subsidiaries. For more information visit, www.dm-holdings.com.
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact may include forward looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, market acceptance for the company's products, ability to meet targeted product release dates, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.